Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can a 6mo get chickenpox??

(9 Posts)
Slave2Babe Fri 22-Apr-05 16:37:31

I could be completely over reacting, and I probably am!

I have noticed lots of little dots across DD's tummy, on her hairline, scalp and behind the ears. It looks like a heat rash (and that's probably all it is).

She has been quite poorly the last few days and I have got a cold and tummy bug myself (feeling very run down).

Could this just be an innocent heat rash as she has been running a temperature?? or could it be something more serious??

cod Fri 22-Apr-05 16:37:50

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Fri 22-Apr-05 16:38:04

yep

ggglimpopo Fri 22-Apr-05 16:38:45

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Fri 22-Apr-05 16:38:53

If it's chicken pox you'll notice a few and then the next time you look, a few more and then tomorrow morning, a lot more!

Pamina3 Fri 22-Apr-05 16:39:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Slave2Babe Fri 22-Apr-05 16:39:28

ggglimpopo ... how did it start?

baka Fri 22-Apr-05 16:40:48

not usually- if you've had it they usually still have protection from you. It is possible though. One of my sons was expposed at 8 months by his brother- he didn't get it. The paed said he probably wouldn't get it at 8 months. Funnily enough he's been exposed loads of times since and never got it so I think it must have given hima abooster iyswim.

coould be a different viral rash though.

WigWamBam Fri 22-Apr-05 16:55:01

Friend of mine's son had chicken pox at 6 weeks old, so yes, it's definitely possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now