Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rubella and measles

(9 Posts)
tomasinatank Fri 22-Apr-05 12:10:56

Does anyone know if the rubella or measles rash is sore or can get sore at all?

Fio2 Fri 22-Apr-05 12:13:22

i had rubella and i cant remember having any symptoms AT ALL, it was just a rash on my back and chest

Toothache Fri 22-Apr-05 12:18:40

Had measles when I was 3... no recollection of pain associated with the rash. I had Rubella when I was 9(ish) and remember it well. Didn't feel ill, didn't itch... just covered in this pinprick rash!! I got a week off school and felt fine.

flamesparrow Fri 22-Apr-05 12:19:59

Just general poorly feelings for me, the rash just made me pretty colours to go with it!

Toothache Fri 22-Apr-05 12:20:53

tomasinatank - How come? If your child or you has a rash that is sore it could be an allergic reaction?

tomasinatank Fri 22-Apr-05 12:21:09

Ds2 is covered in a pin prick rash, has had runny nose and red eyes - exactly same syptoms as S1 had 3 weeks earlier but much milder that I put down to non specific viral rash. Friend mentioned rubella or measles although they have had sepvax but no boosters yet. Ds2's rash seems a bit sore in places today (around genitals)

psychomum5 Fri 22-Apr-05 12:23:42

my friends duaghter has got what they think is measles at the mo and she is very very sore around her 'prim', as she calls it. She is aso quite itchy.

My 9yr old had measles when she was 1 and I remember her jut crying all the time and the doctor suggested it was sore then.

hth

tomasinatank Fri 22-Apr-05 12:30:21

thanks - is the rash all over? Ds 2 is covered and has been for about 2/3 days now. I only suddenly thought about rubella or measles after my friend mentioned it and i realised the incubation was 14-21 days which tallys up with when ds 1 had it iyswim

psychomum5 Fri 22-Apr-05 12:31:58

Yup....she thought it was an allergic rash to start with till it went all over....that was when the docs suggested measels too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now