Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Anyone taken Stillnox?

(3 Posts)
Libby65 Tue 15-Apr-03 00:04:41

Wondering if anyone has taken Stillnox before - it's a fairly new sleeping tablet but I'm not sure if it's also sold under another name. I've taken it a couple of times now but it seems to have a different effect to some of the others I've tried - not sure if I like it. Just wondering what anyone else thinks of them.

MandyD Tue 15-Apr-03 22:11:44

Well, I looked it up on my favourite medicines site

http://emc.vhn.net/public/

and I can't find that it has any other name. The spelling they have it under is Stilnoct, BTW, and judging by the side effects mentioned I don't like the sound of it!! Have you tried Zimovane as a sleeping tablet? They seem to be the best IMO.

Also, just being curious, are you being prescribed sleeping tablets as a consequence of PND or clinical depression? If so, enter either of these in the Mumsnet search and you'll find plenty of advice and help from others there.

Libby65 Wed 16-Apr-03 00:15:46

Thanks MandyD - have just been going through a bit of a rough patch. Stillnox is reasonably new in that it's only been around for about three years I think, and it's meant to be non-addictive, but it makes me feel absolutely terrible the next day. Last night I just didn't bother taking one and I think I'll give them a miss now. I'm not sure what other names it goes by - I'll have to look into it. Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: