Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pre-School Booster

(10 Posts)
MandM Thu 21-Apr-05 14:21:53

Sorry to come across as a bit thick, but is the Pre-School booster purely an MMR Booster or does it also involve something else? Tried looking through the archives but still a bit confirmed.

Just got an appointment through from the HV for dds Pre-School Booster but am confused as she has never had the original MMR.

I don't want to cancel the appointment if it means her missing something vital and also don't want to have to ring the HV for advice if I can help it as I have recently made a complaint about them!

beachyhead Thu 21-Apr-05 14:26:40

I think it is just the MMR - we've just had our letter too

Aimsmum Thu 21-Apr-05 14:31:46

Message withdrawn

Eowyn Fri 22-Apr-05 12:32:18

we have just had a letter about this & it seems to be so much stuff to put into them, has anyone had side-effects or it this usually ok? I hate the idea of having to do this with her being older & already hating going to the Drs, she's never going to trust me again...

Aimsmum Fri 22-Apr-05 12:36:49

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Fri 22-Apr-05 12:39:57

No, it's MMR (if you are having it) plus the DTP, Hib and polio.

Eowyn Fri 22-Apr-05 12:41:08

That's good to hear, mine is dead paranoid about the drs anyway... & she got ill about a week after the hib thing was re-done a while ago... it's amazing their little bodies can cope.

Gobbledigook Fri 22-Apr-05 12:41:18

DS1 had his this week and he's been fine. He was none too chuffed about it (especially after the 1st jab and they know what's coming next!) but he wasn't too bad and he got to choose a load of choc from the newsagents afterwards!

The best thing is to send the child with someone else - I got dh to do it

The only reaction ds1 had was to the sticky plaster!

LunarSea Fri 22-Apr-05 16:33:04

I've had an appointment through for this - but ds isn't starting school until NEXT September. Do you think they've made a mistake, or do they just do it at about 3 and a half?

SoupDragon Fri 22-Apr-05 17:07:08

If you're worried about them having so many in one go just split them. DS1 had his DPT/Polio last summer (late! he'd been at school a year!!) and I plan ontaking him for the MMR booster this year. The nurse didn't bat an eyelid when I said he wasn't having the MMR and why. I'll do the same with DS2 too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now