Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pee pee sample from a 16 month old! - Help!

(3 Posts)
Kiwicath Thu 21-Apr-05 07:21:29

Hi. My 16 month old has really fishy smelling urine but no other symptoms. Have been asked to collect a sample to get tested. I'm figuring sitting him on the pot and waiting for him to go it the best bet but easier said than done. Can I use any old container to collect in as long as it's been sterilized etc. Could I wait till I find a puddle then syringe it up? Any top tips? Help much appreciated.

LIZS Thu 21-Apr-05 07:24:51

Can you ask dr or chemist for a special adhesive collection bag ? Otherwise I think if you say put cling film inside the potty and use a sterilised syringe and container that should do the trick.

Kiwicath Thu 21-Apr-05 07:32:44

Thanks Lizs. We are living in the middle of no where and the chemists don't stock the sticky bags. Tried a diy job yesterday but with no joy. Can manage a syringe and cling film though, cheers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now