Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Gastronemius muscle tear

(6 Posts)
joash Wed 20-Apr-05 00:40:00

Does anyone know how long it takes for this to heal. I tore mine just over two weeks ago and am fed up of walking with a bloody stick. I am no longer in excrutiating agony - just in pain most of the time ( tolerable), but I have no strength whatsoever in my knee and miss taking GS out for walks.

joash Wed 20-Apr-05 11:42:03

BUMP

Chuffed Wed 20-Apr-05 12:05:40

have you been referred to physio or anything joash so that you can reduce the risk of scar tissue.

joash Wed 20-Apr-05 12:19:32

Nope - never even thought of asking. I did the same thing about 12 years ago, but can't remember how long it took to get better. I think it took 2 to 3 weeks to walk without the stick and around 8 weeks before feeling almost back to normal.

I was told at that time that once it the muscle had been damaged it would probably happen again - but I'm not complaining at once every 12 years.

It just seems to be taking ages to be pain free and poor GS is going stir crazy.

joash Wed 20-Apr-05 17:05:35

so, I take that as a no then - no-one has any info. Oh well, thanks chuffed. Will speak to the doc about physio

KatieMac Wed 20-Apr-05 21:23:31

No help or advice....but Lots of sympathy - hope you feel better after visit to physio

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: