Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chicken Pox Scars

(7 Posts)
sparkdiamond Tue 19-Apr-05 09:59:47

Hi - does anyone know a good way to help the scars to fade? My 1 year old had it about 4 weeks ago and still has a few on his face. I used oatmeal in his bath when he was bad but is there anything you can do after?

Twiglett Tue 19-Apr-05 10:01:02

I'm just leaving DS's to heal naturally -

DD has it at the moment

still at least they are getting it over and done with

desperatehousewife Tue 19-Apr-05 10:01:12

I think vit E oil is good for helping skin heal...someone may be able to back me up?

Branster Tue 19-Apr-05 10:01:46

try using pure vit E oil on the scars. it should help. you can buy it from health food shops, it comes in a small bottle, is very sticky and is produced by a company called Health Aid

desperatehousewife Tue 19-Apr-05 10:05:07

see - great minds!

Branster Tue 19-Apr-05 10:06:14

True DH!!!

yoyo Tue 19-Apr-05 10:18:38

Rosa Mosqueta oil is supposed to be excellent for scars but as with all oils you do have to get a regime going for it to be successful. My children make such a fuss when I massage it in that I can only keep it going for a few days. It is absorbed very quickly though and isn't sticky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now