Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone know anything about chemotherapy for children?

(11 Posts)
rickman Mon 18-Apr-05 21:35:37

Message withdrawn

misdee Mon 18-Apr-05 21:36:26

oh no, is this the lad with the brain tumor?

no advise but sending some ((((((((()))))))) to your friend.

rickman Mon 18-Apr-05 21:37:37

Message withdrawn

misdee Mon 18-Apr-05 21:38:22

what have the docs said? chemo is one treatment, anything else?

rickman Mon 18-Apr-05 21:43:33

Message withdrawn

misdee Mon 18-Apr-05 21:45:30

i'm glad they got it all. hope the blasts of chemo sort it out, and keep it from regrowing.

JanH Mon 18-Apr-05 21:46:19

Captain Chemo - Royal Marsden cancer guide for young children

No experience, rickman, but the ones they show on eg Children's Hospital always seem pretty calm and stoical.

suedonim Mon 18-Apr-05 23:28:21

Mears's ds's friend had chemo ?last year. He was a bit older, a teen I think, but maybe Mears could help you out. Best wishes to the little lad.

Berries Tue 19-Apr-05 09:44:34

DD1s fiend had a lot of chemo from when she was 5 (YR until she was 7 (I think). She had leukemia and was quite ill with it. She is now in Y4 and if you didn't know about it you would never guess. Things I can remember is that she lost all her hair, but it wasn't an issue at school - kids were very accepting (probably more than if she'd been older). She also got tired a lot, and she had a big buggy to be carted around in when she had had her chemo (has 3 siblings). Areas that were affected were swimming - she was only allowed to go recently (started about 12 months) but now swims like a fish, and school obviously, but the school gave as much help as they could & she has now caught up with her peers. Sorry I can't give much info, we really didn't know them that well at the time, have got friendly in the last 18 months or so. How old is your friends ds?

rickman Tue 19-Apr-05 22:39:11

Message withdrawn

rickman Tue 19-Apr-05 22:39:35

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now