Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone know what impetigo looks like??

(7 Posts)
dizzydo Mon 18-Apr-05 10:30:03

dd who suffers from quite bad bouts of excmae (excuse spelling)started with a spot on her nose which looked a bit like a graze. It then developed into a scab which is really sore and I cannot clean off. I made an appt with doc for this evening but school rang to say it might be impetigo (just off to the web in a minute to read up on it). Has anyone first hand experience of this please

Mothernature Mon 18-Apr-05 10:33:22

like this and this

hamster Mon 18-Apr-05 10:35:49

My brother had it. The scabs look like burns healing almost. Very, very contagious, my sis caught it off the flannel in the bath room. Nasty, if untreated takes AGES to heal. Nasty.
<<sympathy>>

dizzydo Mon 18-Apr-05 10:36:10

Nowhere near that scale thank goodness but very similar. Thanks for that Mothercare

crunchie Mon 18-Apr-05 10:36:33

Basically it is like a scab that suddenly seems to grow. Instead of getting better. In my dd's case it was a bite that she scrathed and I then covered woth a plater, took the plaster off one day later and with it a huge patch of skin!! It does heal fast, we have had some lotion to paint on (that hurt!) and some cream (Fucin or something) this is called in our house 'magic cream'. If ever she gets a scab that hasn't healed properly or the surrounding area goes red at ALL I use it.

dizzydo Mon 18-Apr-05 10:36:41

oops, Mothernature

wild Mon 18-Apr-05 10:38:33

A weepy sore patch that turns into a graze
Not painful but v infectious, nursey - ?school - will not take children until contagious stage passed. Doctor prescribes cream usually. More a hassle than anything else tho child can feel a bit below par. I wouldn't touch it too much until the cream's on.
Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now