Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

does the minipill cause loss of sex drive?

(11 Posts)
fernzmal Mon 18-Apr-05 03:10:36

just that really.wd like to know other experiences out there

fernzmal Mon 18-Apr-05 09:23:08

anyone?

elsmommy Mon 18-Apr-05 09:25:07

I was on it for a year while I was breastfeeding.
No actual loss of sex drive, but the fact that it didn't regulate my periods meant less sex!!
I hated the minipill, I only stopped breastfeeding cos I wanted my proper pill back!!

boobie Mon 18-Apr-05 14:49:17

I'm on minipill at moment as i'm breastfeeding and I have no interest in sex whatsoever. But this could also be due to 4 month old baby wearing me out. Hubby not happy with lack of libido but tough luck, he's quite patient. Are you on it too?

PiccadillyCircus Mon 18-Apr-05 14:49:59

I found it did for me.

Gwenick Mon 18-Apr-05 14:50:35

I found the same problem - once DS1 'cut down' the number of feeds he had went onto Microgynon 30 and back it came - and no he still wasn't sleeping at that point so was tired, but with the mini pill didn't even THINK about sex LOL

PiccadillyCircus Mon 18-Apr-05 16:06:08

But having stopped taking the mini pill, we used condoms and then on one night (when I thought I would not get pregnant) we didn't.

Guess who is 18 weeks pregnant .

(but the sex that night was very good)

flic23 Mon 18-Apr-05 16:14:18

Im on miconor as i cannot take combination for medical reasons. I find my sex dive is as high as ever my cycle is reasonably regular if it is out it is normally early by a couple of days, find period is very light which is good, only bad thing i find is it runs for 3 days then stops for one or two days completely and then have intermittant spotting for about two more

fernzmal Tue 19-Apr-05 01:55:20

yes am on it, but dont even think abt sex, and dh driving me up the wall.mebbe shud revert back to microgynon too. was on it before bf.is there a 'right' time to switch back to combined or just when u finish your current pack?do u immediately take the combined or wait several days or....?

EmilyJane Tue 19-Apr-05 21:05:23

Have just switched from minipill to Microgynon. Doctor advised me to start taking combined pill immediately - I was about two thirds of the way through packet. Can't wait to regain libido!!

fernzmal Wed 20-Apr-05 07:10:14

so it's ok to take it immediately? what if i've just started bleeding today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now