Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Anyone using contraceptive injection??

(3 Posts)
starsq Sun 17-Apr-05 23:53:39

Hiya guys need sumadvice,, i am using the contraceptive injection and wanted to know if anyone out there on this has had side effects ie cravings all time ,,putting on weight,,,bleeding contantly,,,is pill better?

starshaker Mon 18-Apr-05 00:00:56

i didnt get a period for 3 years after coming off it and was told i was unable to have kids (now baby due any day so that was wrong) i prefered the pill but every1 is different

Fran1 Mon 18-Apr-05 01:01:23

Yes there are a few threads about this.

I used it pre-pregnancy for a few years, and found it fine, put on slight weight but not too big a deal.
Got pg almost immediately after stopping the inj.

Have been back on it for two years since having dd and despite quickly dropping back to pre-pregnancy weight, i have now put on lots of weight so came off it - also ttc. Find it impossible to lose any weight and now have not had a period which really worries me.
I was warned that after childbirth the inj. can make you bleed, but i didn't get this.

Yes i now think the pill is far far better. Wouldn't go near the inj ever again!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: