Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flucloxacillin

(8 Posts)
misty Sun 17-Apr-05 23:06:33

DS2 aged 3 has been given a course of this pencillin and has been taking it since Thursday. I noticed today his teeth are turning a lovely shade of yellow . Has anyone else experienced this? Is it permanent??

lilsmum Sun 17-Apr-05 23:17:21

my dd 14 mth is on this at the moment, was on 5 days through iv, but has been on it for 4 days oral and no it hasnt turned her teeth yellow

hth

Doddle Sun 17-Apr-05 23:19:35

i've just finished a long, double strength course of this, and my teeth are ok. i'd check with your G.P. just to make sure.

JanH Sun 17-Apr-05 23:20:46

Is the medicine yellow?

misty Sun 17-Apr-05 23:23:32

No Janh it's bright pink!

lilsmum Sun 17-Apr-05 23:24:05

the medicine have got for dd is white

JanH Sun 17-Apr-05 23:35:28

Hmmm. If medicine was going to permanently change the colour of teeth it would take longer than 3 days - maybe it has tartrazine or some other virulent yellow colour in the pink?

I would ring the pharmacist who dispensed it I think, misty. (In the morning!)

misty Mon 18-Apr-05 10:29:59

Thanks, spoke to Dr this am who said exactly the same thing JanH! So will continue with course and hopefully it's only a temporary thing. The dr said she had never heard of any teeth staining with this medicine....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now