Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Sorry it's a poo question..could it be linked to diet?

(4 Posts)
vicdubya Sun 17-Apr-05 20:44:25

Ds is 13 months. Up till about 5 weeks ago he had fairly regular (1-2 a day) bowel movements, quite solid, & easy to deal with!

Then we both had stinking colds & his nappies were dreadful for a couple of weeks & I thought it was just a bug. Exploding mushy poo, you know the type.

Anyway 3 or so weeks on and he is still having irregular very mushy poos (sorry about the detail), maybe once a day or every two days, they are terrible and I dread going out cos so difficult to deal with in changing rooms etc.

I am starting to wonder if it could be diet related although he has no major changes in his diet at all that I can think of.

He does eat quite a lot of fruit, eg two bananas, and apple and a satsuma each day, but he has done for ages.

Any ideas? Could a bug linger for this long?

vicdubya Sun 17-Apr-05 21:19:09

Anyone?

tiffini Sun 17-Apr-05 21:20:17

my nephew has had the same thing for 3 weeks now and still going on.
now my 3 children caught it last week, i thimk it is a bug.

TracyK Sun 17-Apr-05 21:53:06

my ds - also 13 mo has a variety of diff types of poo. But i think he still has a lot of milk. So the first poo of the day has the 8 oz of formula he had from bedtime and is still quite runny. It gets more solid as the day goes on. It may be a phase as he used to have quite solid ones. I hope to go back to them soon as I wanted to give potty training a go over the summer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: