Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ok Im exhausted again af is on its way (I think) any advice please

(20 Posts)
sallyenglebertstrawberry Sun 17-Apr-05 18:53:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sallyenglebertstrawberry Sun 17-Apr-05 18:55:53

sallyenglebertstrawberry Sun 17-Apr-05 21:01:21

redsky Sun 17-Apr-05 21:06:06

I was like that for weeks last year - and blood tests showed nothing wrong, iron levels ok etc. Think it was connected to depression in my case. Your post has just reminded me of how I felt for ages - but I'm no help sorry. My limbs felt like lead and I could barely move from the sofa some days.

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Apr-05 22:37:21

hatsoff Thu 21-Apr-05 22:41:27

sally - I sympathise, partly coz I've had a weepy day myself - crying knowing that I don't know why etc. Just a thought - do you get any exercise? I know the thought of it is really difficult when you're exhausted, but I certainly find I go through periods of upward spirals and downward ones. If I get some fresh air and exercise (even if it's just a walk) I sleep better and defintely build up my energy levels. If I don;t the reverse happens, and I feel grotty tired, rather than happily physically tired.

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Apr-05 22:43:08

Frizbe Thu 21-Apr-05 22:43:44

Sally it sounds to me, having read the odd other post from you like your in need of a bloody good holiday! too much on your plate my lass. but that's just my opinion.
How's about doing yourself/us a diary of what you do over the course of a day/week and we'll see if we can help point you in the right direction re feeling better?

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Apr-05 22:46:59

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Apr-05 22:48:43

bubblerock Thu 21-Apr-05 22:49:50

Hi Sally, I'm going through the same - constant tiredness, I sleep 8 hours at night and still need a sleep in the day!, my skin's crap but no other symptoms. Blood tests for thyroid, folic, B12 etc.. came back normal this week. To be honest I was hoping I'd be anaemic and just need a supplement.

So I'm still puzzled - bought some multi vitamins today and will try to take them daily. I'm on AD's but not for depression (anxiety & mild agoraphobia)

I'll watch to see if anyone offers you any advice that might be useful! Good luck at your GP's - let us know how you get on - a yawning emoticon!!

bubblerock Thu 21-Apr-05 22:51:44

BTW where did englebert go??

Frizbe Thu 21-Apr-05 22:56:04

no, no, no strawb's it quite alright to feel like this, your working and doing bloomin college, and not only normal course work, but horrid exams as well, is it your last year? I went through it all a few years ago, just before I had dd (my last exam for my degree 5 days before she was born!) so I can relate to how you feel, keep talking to us, we'll try and make it better

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Apr-05 23:00:40

Frizbe Thu 21-Apr-05 23:05:48

Ms Strawberry please do not put yourself down, with ONLY an access course, you should feel very proud of yourself and your achievements. Access courses are two years of A level stuff and a bit more chucked into one year and are bloody hard work, no wonder your feeling the pressure and holding down your day job as well! give yourself a big pat on the back for being damn hardworking and wonderful, trying to make a better life for you and yours
I think it will get easier for you once you go full time (and hope financially it doesn't get harder) Well done to you! now go and get some rest!

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Apr-05 23:08:18

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Apr-05 23:08:51

Spacecadet Thu 21-Apr-05 23:13:21

I did an access course when ds2 was a baby and I was always crying and shattered, they are bloody hard work!!!I also had 4 day schools to attend aswell. the I went on to do some more a-levels, just did it to keep my mind active...ha!ha! what a waste of time. have you tried taking magnesium ok tablets ? they are great for regulating hormones and stress l;evels, I assum you have been checked for hypothyroidism, I have that and felt exhausted all the time.

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Apr-05 23:20:34

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Apr-05 23:28:09

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now