Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Viral conjunctivitis

(7 Posts)
flashingnose Sat 16-Apr-05 21:01:05

I saw my DB today and his eyes were in the most awful state - red, swollen and watery. He's been told he has viral conjunctivitis and he'll just have to let it run its course. They've been like this for over 2 weeks .

Has anyone had this? Does anyone have any tips to help him? He's in agony .

Tipex Sat 16-Apr-05 21:02:34

yeh I;ve had it its horrid. It helped me to avoid sunlight by wearing sungalsses even indoors (very L.A!!) and resting eyes shut with cooled wet pads on eg makeup pads or flannel. HTH

flashingnose Sat 16-Apr-05 21:03:51

You poor thing. How long did it last? Has it had any lasting effects?

flashingnose Sat 16-Apr-05 21:18:13

munz Sat 16-Apr-05 21:21:04

i've just had a case, went to the dr who said to bathe it, and if it didn't get any better to go back and he'd give me some drops. try the flannel idea, or do u have one of those little eye wash things. don't know if the pharmacist can perscribe something over the counter or not.

Tipex Sun 17-Apr-05 15:47:59

no flashingnose, no lasting effects. Hows your DB?

chipmonkey Sun 17-Apr-05 15:55:23

Untreatable unfortunately but over the counter lubricants such as Artelac can ease the suffering a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now