Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could Johnsons baby wash cause....

(8 Posts)
robin3 Fri 15-Apr-05 16:06:48

My DS to have an orange film on the top of his scalp. It comes off if you gently scrape. Only used the stuff four times since he's been born to remove suncream and remove glitter...rest of time don't use anything.
If so, can anyone tell me how to get it off without taking hours to scrape it away.

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 15-Apr-05 16:09:49

It sounds like cradle cap, Robin3.

It won't be the Johnsons that's caused it. You can buy all sorts of different cradle cap shampoos. I just carried using the shampoo and rinsed dd's hair in seperate water throughly and it cleared up naturally.

HappyMumof2 Fri 15-Apr-05 16:25:16

Message withdrawn

bonniej Fri 15-Apr-05 16:26:22

I never use Johnsons. My dd got really dry skin from them. Never had a problem with other brands.

edodgy Fri 15-Apr-05 16:26:26

you could also try rubbing the scalp with olive oil before your baby goes to bed then in the morning rinsing off and gently peel of the skin which should come off easier with the olive oil but dont force any stubborn bits. My daughter has a sensitive scalp ( so do i) and i found johnsons products too harsh for her skin/hair i use detinox cradle cap shampoo at the moment but am going to go to the dr to see if he can perscribe a shampoo for her as its getting expensive (shes 2).

robin3 Fri 15-Apr-05 16:58:19

Thanks everyone...olive oil it is.

HappyMumof2 Fri 15-Apr-05 18:38:17

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Fri 15-Apr-05 18:39:54

Or try Dentinox shampoo - DS had bad cradle cap when he was born (and lots of hair). Dentinox worked a treat (hot summer last summer - didn't want him cooking in olive oil )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now