Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Would the dr do anything - bit ming I am afraid.

(3 Posts)
smurfgirl Tue 03-Mar-09 11:33:50

I have recurrent athletes foot, I do everything right, I dry my toes really carefully, I wear flip flops at the pool, I try not to let my feet sweat! I treat it at home and it comes straight back within a week or so.

I think the problem is my little toe, its very curled and grows under the next toe - they are quite difficult to pull apart so its ideal 'breeding' ground [vom] It like the bone in my little toe is actually curled. You cannot see most of my little toe nail if you look at my toes.

I also get mega callouses on the soles of my feet, chiropody gets rid of them but they come back - again I think I am walking weirdly because my little toe basically provides no support. My big toe is small as well and I don't think that provides much support either! Oh and I wear my shoes down very unevely - they end up on a slope from left to right.

I am fat so I am worried the Dr will just say - well what do you expect fattie and do nothing.

OnlyWantsOne Tue 03-Mar-09 18:24:14

My Sister had very bad atheletes foot (which is ironic as she does no exercise...)

Any ways, her doc told her to take zinc supplement...?

normansmum Tue 03-Mar-09 18:29:06

doesn't sound like you are clearing infection properly. so yes go yo drs they shoud be able to give you different anti-fungal treatment. hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now