Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

teething (again - sorry!)

(6 Posts)
KathH Thu 14-Apr-05 18:42:07

ds2 has 2 teggies poking thru. Was up last nite with him for 2 hrs as he was grizzling but today it seems like he's been screaming all day. Have tried calgel but had to resort to calpol at t-time. I know babies can get a bit cranky when teething but is crying all day normal? I think part of the problem may be that he's only had a quick catnap (as he woke up crying) and he's got overtired. dd1, dd2 and ds1 didnt bat an eyelid when their teeth came thru. I'm pretty sure its his teeth rather than anything else as he's been frantically ramming anything he can get his hands on in his mouth and he's got his 2 front ones poking thru. Any advice gratefully received!

TracyK Thu 14-Apr-05 18:44:18

I just used calpol with my ds. what age is yours? better to use calpol and let them get a decent sleep imo.

KathH Thu 14-Apr-05 18:49:09

6 1/2 mths.

TracyK Thu 14-Apr-05 21:09:08

I used to give my ds half a dose - just enough to take the edge off the pain as I wasn't keen on giving him too much medicine at that age. Others swear by teetha or Nelsons powders - but didn't do much for my ds.
Does he have a temp? the only time my ds has been grizzly was when he had a high temp for a day or two.

Fran81 Thu 14-Apr-05 22:12:37

do you freeze your own baby food into ice cubes? my dd is teething at the moment and I found popping a cube of her fav puree in a muslin cloth and tying a not underneath worked quite well. don't know if its just a distraction technique, but she loves gnawing on it thru the cloth and it must have a numbing effect. might be worth a try?

Frizbe Thu 14-Apr-05 22:21:39

You can also give baby nurofen as well, which you can cross with calpol, so give say 2 hrs after the calpol dose, the nurofen is supposed to work better for teething, same as in adults, works a treat on our dd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now