Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

wish me luck

(17 Posts)
hatsoff Wed 13-Apr-05 22:14:43

I'm going for an MRI scan tomorrow. I'm totally dreading it. I've got MS and have known about that for years. Last had an MRI in 1999. I can't get it out of my head (forgive the pun) that they're looking for something else. I have a basically nice neurologist but he has a terribly patronizing manner (eg discussing pictures of MY brain with his registrar as if I wasn't there. Even the registrar was highly embarrassed and tried to "include" me in the conversation). So I have suspicions that he doesn't tell me everything. I've been worrying about it for weeks.But do you know what's unbelievable? I'm kind of also looking forward to having a whole morning without work or kids???!!! How sad is that. I hope they run really late so I can sit in the waiting room for two hours reading my book.

dropinthe Wed 13-Apr-05 22:16:52

Will be thinking of you!

Thomcat Wed 13-Apr-05 22:17:19

I wish you loads of luck. You sound a strong and positive person who finds the positive in things. GOOD LUCK, TC xx

RnB Wed 13-Apr-05 22:17:20

Message withdrawn

mummytosteven Wed 13-Apr-05 22:17:45

hope it goes OK tomorrow.

trefusis Wed 13-Apr-05 22:25:22

Message withdrawn

Evesmama Wed 13-Apr-05 22:26:27

good luck

Socci Wed 13-Apr-05 22:39:44

Message withdrawn

Frizbe Wed 13-Apr-05 22:41:36

Good Luck, sure it'll be fine

hatsoff Wed 13-Apr-05 23:22:10

dear everyone, thanks for posting, I've been trying to keep a lid on this as I don't really want dh to know how worried I am. partly cos I'm probably being paranoid and very silly. partly cos he has enough on his plate - particularly exhausting kids at the moment who will not give him a momnet's peace when he's in the house, and exhausting demoralising job that won't give him a moment's peace out of the house. don't think paranoid wife is what he needs right now. Anyway thanks a lot. it's nice to have a few random strangers looking out for you

hoxtonchick Thu 14-Apr-05 03:43:28

hope it goes well hatsoff.

Milliways Thu 14-Apr-05 08:01:30

Best of luck Hatsoff.

I know that "something else" feeling, I am awaiting a scan in May - for a possible cyst/ganglion that's causing a trapped nerve. You imagine everything!

My view is that if they thought it was v.serious, you wouldn't be waiting weeks.

Thinking of you today

Milliways Thu 14-Apr-05 15:35:14

How did it go?

motherinferior Thu 14-Apr-05 15:36:45

Oh sweetie, just seen this. How was it?

mancmum Thu 14-Apr-05 15:52:32

Hope it went well -- please let us know how you got on -- hopefully nothing untoward was found.. but please let us know!

hatsoff Thu 14-Apr-05 19:22:09

hi everyone. well worst case scenario did not materialise. The technicians jaws didn't drop to the floor and they didn't tell me I might as well not bother coming back coz there was nothing they could do; they didn't whisk me off for immediate surgery; they just kind of smiled and said they'd send the results on to the consultant. So another few weeks of waiting. Which I assume is a good thing. thanks for your messages.

Thomcat Thu 14-Apr-05 19:52:40

Cool, well let us know how you get on with the resuls. TC x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now