Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ear poking

(5 Posts)
chocolatefudge Wed 13-Apr-05 19:18:58

Do you think my baby has an infection? as she keeps poking her finger in her ear hole and she scratches around it aswell. I took her to the doctors a few months ago and he said he couldn't see anything but i think he didn't look properly as he was very quick.

debs26 Wed 13-Apr-05 19:21:48

mine have always held their ear and cried when they have had infection because it hurts. sounds like she has found an interesting hole to investigate, especially if dr cant see anything. it could be worse!!!!!

chocolatefudge Wed 13-Apr-05 21:10:49

Oh dear[grim] she must do it as a habit then as she does it every day! She doesn't cry while doing it either.

Fran1 Wed 13-Apr-05 21:30:17

My dd always fiddled with her ears as a baby, resulting in me always wondering if she had infections!! But to my knowledge she never has had one! I think you would hear earpiercing screams of pain if it was an infection.

chocolatefudge Thu 14-Apr-05 11:29:52

Thanks it's put my mind at rest but it's very annoying when she does this i hope it doesn't start bleeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now