Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD has urinary tract infection ? any advice please?

(9 Posts)
donnie Wed 13-Apr-05 14:20:24

she is 3.5 and has had a few toilet issues lately , witholding poo until she soils herself etc ( I have a baby due in 3 weeks so I feel it is all related )Yesterday she was weeing more than usual and had 3 wee accidents, very unusual for her as she can hold on for ages. A trip to the GP today confirmed urinary tract infection and she's been given antibiotics. I just wondered if anyone else could give me any advice or suggestions about how long it will last or anything else which may help.Thanks in advance.

Wallace Wed 13-Apr-05 15:30:23

When ds (5) had a UTI the antibiotics cleared it up in about 2 days. He hasn't had one since

noddyholder Wed 13-Apr-05 15:57:23

am currently suffering one of these and have had 1 day of ab's and i feelbetter already so she should get well v soon

Gumdrop Wed 13-Apr-05 16:00:05

I think cranberry juice (drinking it) is supposed to be good for the bladder etc.

Marina Wed 13-Apr-05 16:02:28

Or she might find lemon barley water more palatable than cranberry juice. Apparently it works just as well.
on the withholding and soiling, Donnie. It is a difficult issue to deal with and resolve. Hope it gets sorted for you and she feels better soon.

bundle Wed 13-Apr-05 16:03:21

recent research has questioned the value of cranberry...

Marina Wed 13-Apr-05 16:04:06

really bundle? It has a mighty placebo effect then

donnie Thu 14-Apr-05 08:37:23

thanks for the tips folks, Marina I will try the lemon barley water too.She didn't have any accidents yesterday so hopefully the ab's are working....

bundle Thu 14-Apr-05 10:38:16

i was sent an email marina and now i can't find it... shocked me too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now