Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period pains one week before period.....Need some help/advice

(7 Posts)
katierocket Wed 13-Apr-05 13:32:52

Have been TTC no.2 for nearly a year and it's really getting me down. Anyway, I know I'm ovulating but I was wondering about something else. The cramps for my period start about a week before I actually get it, is this pretty normal or could it be indicative of a problem? (which maybe could be a reason why I'm not getting preg - she says desperately!)

Chuffed Wed 13-Apr-05 13:56:57

katierocket have you posted on the conception thread there are some incredibly knowledgeable people there.
If I was you I would be at my gp's asking for a referral.

katierocket Wed 13-Apr-05 13:58:28

yes I have chuffed; TBH I try to avoid it a bit as it can make me a bit obessive IFYKWIM. GPs have confirmed I've oving but maybe I need to go back now to rule out anything else.
Just sure I never used to have 'period pains' this far in advance of period

Chuffed Wed 13-Apr-05 14:02:28

put this post itself on the conception area rather than joining the ttc threads.
I only know the basics myself but there are people on there who have had lots of tests etc who might be able to help.
personally I'm having accupuncture in the hope it'll help.

katierocket Wed 13-Apr-05 14:03:15

I'm having acupuncture too chuffed! had about 4 sessions so far but got period pains today so pretty peed off

dyzzidi Wed 13-Apr-05 16:04:52

Maybe not relevant as i do have gynae problems but my surgeon has told me to tak anti inflammatories the week before my period starts three times a day to stop the uterus becoming inflamed and causing massisve amounts of pain caused by Emdometriosis.

I am not saying you have this but thought myabye the anti inflammatories may help.

I'm ttc too but am having IVF!

BellaLasagne Wed 27-Apr-05 09:22:36

Does anyone know the effect of prostaglandins post-ovulation and if the pain is anything to worry about or will effect trying to conceive?

It's been discussed here

Thank-you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now