Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Calamine Powder for chicken pox

(9 Posts)
Munchkinola Wed 13-Apr-05 09:41:53

Does anyone know where I can buy this as it seems to be working wonders on my dd's spots. My friend lent me some which she got from Spain and I would like to replace it.

I have googled it and it seems to used in aromatherapy and LUSH soaps but haven't found anywhere I can buy it.

Thank you

jolou1 Wed 13-Apr-05 09:54:05

I got some powder from a pharmacy in France a couple of years ago when DS1 got chickenpox on holiday...I don't actually know what the active ingredient was, but it worked wonders. It was in a blue tube with white writing. I can't remember the name (sorry!) and I haven't seen anything here which looks the same. My Dad, who's a vet, suggested it might be the equivilent of Mange (sp?) powder for dogs!

Munchkinola Wed 13-Apr-05 10:57:12

I found something called anti monkey butt powder which is to stop bikers getting an embarrassing rash, maybe thats the same stuff

Munchkinola Wed 13-Apr-05 10:57:52

Although I'm not sure I wanted to use something thats for bikers gbums on my dd delicate face

bundle Wed 13-Apr-05 10:58:10

you can get aqueous cream with calamine in it at chemists

sallyenglebertstrawberry Wed 13-Apr-05 11:00:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Munchkinola Wed 13-Apr-05 11:10:34

especially for sallyengelbertstrawberry

Munchkinola Wed 13-Apr-05 11:14:15

There's even a photo gallery for you

sallyenglebertstrawberry Wed 13-Apr-05 13:16:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now