Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bleeding during periods

(10 Posts)
lisad123 Thu 19-Feb-09 22:27:20

last 2 months i have bleeding between periods. I have had it before but only when on the pill or preggy, and def nether atm. Im happy to go to GP, but im being looked at for tumors on my adernal (sp?) glands (should have results next week), and i read it raises hormone levels. Could it be the tumors? Its really hard to find much info on these tbh. I dont want to waste time and have an exam i dont need iyswim.
Anyone know anything about this??
What else could it be?

4andnotout Thu 19-Feb-09 22:29:03

I had bleeding between periods and after sex and i had cervical erosion I had it removed and have been fine since.

lisad123 Thu 19-Feb-09 22:31:33

had cervical erosions before but only hormone induced, so when on pill or preggy. Im thinking the tumors (if thats what it is) have raised hormones.
Not bleeding after sex, just ramdomly!

LoveaDAISYcal Thu 19-Feb-09 22:33:10

I think you need to talk to your GP about it, or the oncologist who is dealing with the adrenal gland thing. I'm sure no-one will think you are timewasting, although I can appreciate that you don't want to have a VE if you can help it.

It could be down to hormones but there are a few other causes, that only getting checked out will confirm.

lisad123 Thu 19-Feb-09 22:39:56

weridly enough, not under oncologist but cardilogist! was under gerneral medical before that. I think once i get results next week they will decide where to send me.
They decided it might be tumors as my heart is racing, BP is up and headaches a lot. I think i'll be glad when they finally decide whats wrong!
Yes really want to aviod VE if possible. thanks though, really hard as hardly any info online

LoveaDAISYcal Thu 19-Feb-09 22:48:18

have you tried cancerbacup or cancer research?

I take it they have ruled out thyroid problems?

sounds pretty scary; I hope it isn't tumours and that you get things sorted out soon.

LoveaDAISYcal Thu 19-Feb-09 22:50:42

by the way, your thread title says Bleeding during periods and I think that the proliferation of trolly type threads this evening is probably why you haven't had many responses.

try starting it again and you might get more response smile

lisad123 Thu 19-Feb-09 22:55:18

LOL plessures of dyslexia!! people know me well here tbh, but i guess its hard to add much.
yes thyriods levels all fine, o2 levels all fine, infection levels, heart is fine but possible could be electrodes misfiring.

LoveaDAISYcal Thu 19-Feb-09 23:07:06

I hope you get to the bottom of it soon; sounds unpleasant.

I must admit I clicked as I thought it was a jokey thread grin

lisad123 Thu 19-Feb-09 23:09:28

LOL serves me right to not proof read.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now