Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Keep waking up at night feeling nauseous-what could it be?

(6 Posts)
FuriousGeorge Wed 18-Feb-09 08:35:08

Twice in the past week I've woken up in the middle of the night,feeling very hot and nauseous.I am fine all evening,but when I get to bed I either lay awake all night feeling ill and like there is a rock in my stomach,or nod off and then wake up,feeling ill.Last night I was awake until 5.30am,don't feel so bad now,just shattered.I've tried not eating anything after 9pm,but it makes no difference.The only thing that makes me feel better is to sit upright,and a dose of Andrews.
Any advice? I'm getting to dread going to bed now.

Bucharest Wed 18-Feb-09 10:40:25

Bumping for you...

verygreenlawn Wed 18-Feb-09 10:46:27

My DH had an ulcer and used to wake up in the middle of the night feeling sick and with stomach pains - always used to kick in about 3 am which his GP said was when his stomach emptied after eating. It always got better after eating. Easily sorted with medication and he never got it back.

2pt4kids Wed 18-Feb-09 10:47:15

I used to get that when pg

FuriousGeorge Wed 18-Feb-09 12:23:18

Thankyou everyone.It does sound suspiciously like your dh's symptoms verygreenlawn.I'm hungry now and have stomach pains.I'll give it a few more days and then go and see my Dr.2pt4kids,I'm deffo not pg,dh has had the snip and my period arrived today!grin,butt you have reminded me that I got very very bad indegestion when pg and it isn't dissimilar.

tiredsville Wed 18-Feb-09 15:21:14

Google GERD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now