Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

febrile convulsions

(6 Posts)
darlingbud Tue 12-Apr-05 13:02:00

anyones children had these? What happened and what did the doctor recommend?

KBear Tue 12-Apr-05 13:20:51

My DS has had two. Dr recommended keep him cool - tepid baths when temp goes up, fan on, windows open, central heating down. Calpol and Ibroprofen.

Lonelymum Tue 12-Apr-05 13:22:53

Ds3 was said to have had one (by my MIL) but the doctors said it wasn't one. I wasn't there so I will never know

KBear Tue 12-Apr-05 13:23:58

darlingbud, is your child unwell now?

darlingbud Tue 12-Apr-05 15:13:45

getting better but has not been well over last few days. Really scary. Doctor said that children do get them as they can't regulate their body temp as well as adults. I have taken two days off work to look after her but feel really guilty due to attitude of managers and so am feeling really stressed now.

KBear Tue 12-Apr-05 20:41:59

Not as stressed as you would feel if she were ill and you'd gone to work! Your managers sound very out of touch with reality and you're not to give them another thought until your child is better! Seriously though it's stressful this working mother lark, I am lucky in that my boss is a woman with three children under 6 so she knows "how it is". Next time your child is ill I'd be inclined to phone in sick yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now