Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I know I've said it befor ebut thsi time I really will quit the fags! Anyone else?

(3 Posts)
mamadiva Mon 16-Feb-09 13:55:11

Want to join me? Have just been thinking more about my future kind of thing.

Decided it's time to stop!

trixiethepixie Mon 16-Feb-09 16:27:59

Good on you mamdiva. I stopped 28 days ago and it's the best thing I've ever done. Hard but worth it. Had you been to see the quit nurse?

bessie26 Sat 21-Feb-09 05:49:53

I gave up 5 years ago...is truely one of the best things I ever did, am sooooo glad to be free from those nasty little sticks.

I don't think they had such good NHS support for giving up back then & I didn't really like the idea of getting addicted to (or paying for!) the gum, so my hubby & I both read the Alan Carr book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0140277633

I seem to remember the first 3 weeks being the worst, but after that things got much better :-)

Good Luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: