Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN I think I have BLOODY PNEUMONIA that's ALL I need!!!

(7 Posts)
sushistar Sun 15-Feb-09 21:31:34

Damn!

AuntieMaggie Sun 15-Feb-09 21:41:37

why do you think that?

hereidrawtheline Sun 15-Feb-09 21:42:51

I do have pneumonia. Was in hospital Friday night with it and am home on steroids etc pending it getting better otherwise I have to go back & stay in.

sushistar Sun 15-Feb-09 22:01:16

Ohh, hereidraw, poor you! I don't think mine#s that bad. I've been coughing for 2 weeks, lots of phlegm (sorry, tmi) and now I've got a localised stabbing pain in one lung when I breathe in, and I'm breathless (not call-999 breathless, just a bit wheezy). I just went on the NHS website and it looks like it's 'community aquired pneumonia'

The thing is... it says it's treated with amoxycillin and I have a while course upstairs left over from a previousl illness - maybe I should just start taking that?

sushistar Sun 15-Feb-09 22:01:52

And maybe I should start proofreading my posts!

hereidrawtheline Mon 16-Feb-09 10:43:43

you should get it checked out by a doctor really. Plus your antibiotics wont be a full course anywsy, will they? If they are left over?

sushistar Tue 17-Feb-09 00:06:48

I went to drs today - thank god it's just a chest infection plus a pulled muscle because i have been coughing so much. Hooray! Hope you feel better hereidraw?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now