Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how long to recover from sickness bug?

(3 Posts)
bagpussmice Sun 10-Apr-05 14:05:55

dd2, 18mths had a sickness bug last Tues. She's not vomitting anymore, but hardly eaten anything since Tues, and now has terrible wind/stomach pains and diarroeha (sorry not sure about spelling)..
She is drinking lots of fluids and has been to the doctors last week when she had a high temp... Her temp. seems to have calmed down but I am worried about her lack of interest in food... How long can a child go without eating?

Louise1980 Sun 10-Apr-05 14:17:41

As long as she is getting plenty of fluids she will be ok for a few days but I read your other thread and if she still has diarrohea (i cant spell either) imo she should see a doctor.

Hope she feel better soon. I know exactly how you feel.

pragmatist Mon 11-Apr-05 08:59:51

If I was you I would avoid dairy for a few days if she is still experiencing problems. Small children can develop (temporary) secondary lactose intolerance for a short while following a gastro intestinal upset. This can last for around 7 days after the illness

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now