Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Rash after MMR jab

(7 Posts)
Munchkinola Sun 10-Apr-05 10:53:27

The nurse told me to expect one 6-10 days after. We are on day 4 and she is covered! But its not the kind of rash I was expecting. I expected a pin prick rash like socci described on her rubella thread. These are bigger and some look like scabs [confused emoticon]

She is happy and running round causing chaos as usual but is maybe a bit more tearful.

Hands up those who think its related to jab, hands up those who think it's something else like chicken pox.

Munchkinola Sun 10-Apr-05 10:54:20

Forgot to mention they are all over her body, in hair etc

gothicmama Sun 10-Apr-05 10:58:32

sounds like chicken pox I would contact out of hours GP and get her seen to be on safe side

Jimjams Sun 10-Apr-05 11:18:04

chickenpox- leave it a few hours and it'll be obvious if it is. if she's happy in herself I wouldn't bother seeing a dr, just strock up on calomine lotion (and homeopathic rhus tox is good for itching).

Kelly1978 Sun 10-Apr-05 11:24:34

def sounds like chicken pox, my dd had them really bad like that, all over her body and head, etc.

Munchkinola Sun 10-Apr-05 11:59:58

Thank you I'll see how she goes this afternoon.

I'm more itchy than she is!

Munchkinola Mon 11-Apr-05 07:49:36

I'm guessing by the amount of itching that it's definitely chicken pox bless her. You always get it on Sunday's when you have no chance of getting anything from a chemist!

Let's hope the MMR rash doesnt add to her condition.

Thanks for all your help

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: