Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerezette mini pill

(13 Posts)
charleepeters Sat 09-Apr-05 22:17:10

hi i started it today hoping for the best after so many attempts to get things back to normal after ds was borna ny one else used this?

Yorkiegirl Sat 09-Apr-05 22:19:11

Message withdrawn

NannyJo Sat 09-Apr-05 22:19:54

is that the mini pill that you get 24hours leeway to take it? think thats the one i got. had injection in november after DS born hated it, not had period yet. once i've let my body have a normal month i'll start it. This thread will be of interest then.( just hoping not pregnant again)

charleepeters Sat 09-Apr-05 22:23:15

yeap i di the same i had 1 injection bled the whole 3 months didnt stop after the three months it was ment to have wore off in jan, then doc gave me hormone tablets which stopped it then had 'period type bleeding' then had a 4 day break now having more 'period type bleeding' so rang doc and she gave me carazette said it should help so im on a moths trial apparently it was the depo injection my g.p says its crap! i hated it it wasnt for me at all but hopefully i will have more luck this time!

NannyJo Sat 09-Apr-05 22:32:42

i was totally different. not bleed since post baby bleed (6months ago) bit scared now. i can't take the combined pill cos i had cholastasis when pregnant so it's mini-pill or passion killers ( to put it mildly)

charleepeters Sat 09-Apr-05 22:36:25

oh god wish i had no bleeding up intill after i took hormone tablet i had annoying scany light bleeding which got me so worryed i was in tears so i had to see doctor but she said its common for women not to have period for a year after taking depo so she wouldnt recomend it but it can have a reverse effect and make women bleed for up to a year i can take combined pill either becaue i had pulmanery embalis( blood clots on lungs) when pg!

NannyJo Sat 09-Apr-05 22:40:32

that sounds scary.
Isn't it strange how different our bodys are and the way they work.

I personally hate any type of pills and putting them in to my body i may consider timing sex so it's 'safe' but it's a bit risky.

charleepeters Sat 09-Apr-05 22:42:30

yeah the riskyist form of contraception up untill now we have used condoms and there fine no drugs or side effects but can be a pain i think i will stay on this one if i dont have any side effects i just dont wanna put on wieght!

NannyJo Sat 09-Apr-05 22:46:08

right time to feed DS. can't wait much longer. Been nice talking to you charlee. Where abouts are you? perhaps we'll chat again soon. NJx

charleepeters Sat 09-Apr-05 22:48:38

im in west sussex if you got messanger im charlee_peters@hotmail.com add me if you want to chat again night x

NannyJo Sat 09-Apr-05 22:49:58

will do.

missymadam Sat 09-Apr-05 22:56:10

I've been taking cerezette since christmas and had no problems at all, i was given it after another mini pill levongesterel gave me continual breakthrough bleeding which became a pain after a while.
I will say though that my periods are very light but thats no complaint.

cerys Sat 09-Apr-05 23:07:11

I had to come off this as it turned me into a hormonal wreck. I had the most horrendous mood swings and scared myself, so can only imagine how it was for DH and the children. Perhaps I was just unlucky, though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now