Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Only One Period In Twelve Months Since DS2 Was Born - should I worry??

(6 Posts)
ConnorTraceptive Wed 04-Feb-09 21:56:36

I had a period around the beginning of november about a month after I stopped breast feeding (so ds would have been about 9 months) and have had nothing since.

I know it can take a while for periods to start after a stint of breast feeding but is it odd to have had one and now nearly three months later not had another???

ConnorTraceptive Wed 04-Feb-09 22:23:55

bea Wed 04-Feb-09 22:50:44

i think that sounds basically normal... i remmeber my periods being very erractic after i stopped breastfeeding... what a shock that was!!! your hormones have got to get back to normal (is there a normal!?)

if you're worried have a word with your gp...
hth!

ConnorTraceptive Wed 04-Feb-09 22:53:56

Thanks bea, after ds1 they took a while to get going but once they started they were regular IYSWIM?

Will give it a couple of weeks and then go. Feel like I'm at the doctors every week these days blush don't want to go if i'm woorying for nothing

ShowOfHands Wed 04-Feb-09 22:56:38

Extremely common to be all over the place. Particularly common for you to have one period and then nothing for a few months. It takes a long time for your hormones to settle sometimes.

ConnorTraceptive Wed 04-Feb-09 23:09:47

Thanks Hands, smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now