Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chest pain + stubborn husband...

(13 Posts)
oddsock Tue 03-Feb-09 13:35:41

My dh told me last night that he has been having central chest pain for the last couple of weeks (!) and could I make him dr's appointment, but not one that would mean he had to finish work early. This limits it to Saturady mornings, and the earliest I can get him in is 14/02.

He says that's fine, but I think he should go to Primary Care. He thinks I'm being over dramatic.

He has central chest pain that comes and goes and has been very tired over the last 2 weeks.

What would you do?? I can't make him go, but am really worried.

Oh, he's 33 btw.

Thanks...

luvaduck Tue 03-Feb-09 13:38:34

yes he really does need to go
it could be all sorts of things - unlikely at his age to be angina but it could be something pericarditis or simple acid reflux

he needs to go to the Gp sooner rather than later (i am a Gp and would see him same day if you called up)

oddsock Tue 03-Feb-09 13:41:25

Thanks, he is so stubborn. Last night is frst he mentioned it.

I asked if it feels like indigestion, and he said no. It's just an ache (he said it feels like his chest bone aching) and he has to rub it. The tiredness is worrying too, he's been going to bed earlier. No breathing problems.

oddsock Tue 03-Feb-09 13:46:48

Just spoke to him - he won't come home early angry

If he went to Primary Care tonight would they see him?

Pressed him more and he said the pain is central and sometimes going to the left.

normansmum Tue 03-Feb-09 13:55:40

yes primary care would see him as would a&E if he feels pain is bad. (not that they'd turn him away anyway)

luvaduck Tue 03-Feb-09 14:11:40

yes they would DEF see him
make sure he gets an ECG
is it worse with position - eg lying back/leaning forward

is it worse when he presses his chest and can he reproduce the pain by doing that??

candyfluff Tue 03-Feb-09 14:23:56

hi oddsock -i think any chest pain should be investigated.
tell him that he should be seen today
let us know how he gets on

oddsock Tue 03-Feb-09 14:25:05

Thanks both of you for taking the time to reply. have texted him questions as he won't answer phone now as I'm 'nagging'hmm

He is just a bit worried himself I think, but being an ostrich!

oddsock Tue 03-Feb-09 14:28:35

And you candyfluff - xpost!

luvaduck Tue 03-Feb-09 14:28:41

men!

he must go though

good luck and let us know

normansmum Tue 03-Feb-09 14:31:39

Suggest complete lack of sympathy/ interest till he goes to Drs(wink) Hope all goes well

oddsock Tue 03-Feb-09 16:16:51

luvaduck - he's just texted back. No to all questions - is that good?

luvaduck Tue 03-Feb-09 18:19:27

it just means less likely to be pericarditis or muscular pain(the latter wouldn't be serious) but STILL very much needs to get it checked out - at the very least he needs an ECG to rule out heart stuff

can't diagnose over internet - needs to see someone
good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now