Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast reduction - anyone had one and willing to discuss?

(7 Posts)
piffle Wed 06-Apr-05 15:13:52

I am seriously contemplating one after (if/when) we have our 3rd child.
Dh has taken some convincing but has accepted that it's my body and I have to cart the things around so fair enough.
Has anyone had one.
Am happy to discuss via mai rather than in ahem full view IYKWIM, I'm not shy but you might be
TIA
Piff of the jugs

vivat Wed 06-Apr-05 16:50:38

am seriously thinking about it after having a fitting last week and have now gone up to 30GG after second child. Will be interested in any responses !

sassy Thu 07-Apr-05 10:22:22

Not had one, but am likely to. In fact, seeing gp next week to discuss this among other things.
Currently 38H, went down a bit between kiddies but not much.
Want to be a d/dd cup.
There are one or two ladies on mn who've had this done, cos i asked about it a few weeks ago.

lyndap Thu 07-Apr-05 12:19:27

Would also love to halve the size of my baps - now a woe-inducing 32FF after just the one child. Will watch this thread with interest tho don't plan to have the op til I've finished with baby production!
Might be painful and expensive but will save me a fortune in chiropractic fees and industrial support bras and the prospect of buying clothes and not looking like a big titty monster is so fab!!
Good luck to Piffle!

Metrobaby Thu 07-Apr-05 12:48:47

I've not had one, but did seriously look into it. The Consultant ran an information seminar on the whole process at our local hospital, showed photos, Q&A session etc and I found this invaluable. I found in my case it was better to wait until I was sure that I had finished having babies. Also I had no idea that it was major surgery, involving at least 6 weeks off work - 2 weeks of which where they recommend you are bed bound and cannot lift anything.

dejags Thu 07-Apr-05 12:55:16

Piffle - I have had one - if you want more info, CAT me, I'll tell you what I know

piffle Fri 08-Apr-05 12:19:49

thanks dejags have CAT you just now
I am not as big as some sizes mentioned 36 F going up when pg or feeding
But I am meant to be slim, I have no hips and am a sz 10 normally bottoms BUT these blody great jugs make it impossible to get into dresses, decent tops and allsorts of hideous bra issues, I suffer with neck strain, back problems as well. Osteo did say could well be caused by the load so to speak
Any info happily rec'd!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now