Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

thrush....help

(11 Posts)
police Tue 05-Apr-05 19:10:59

I think i may have it as i have all the symptoms etc.

my concern is this....last time my dh had sex we used a condom and a few days later i had thrush...i managed to get rid of it with the usual things and it totally cleared up.
we have had sex again and used a condom and i have it again, could i be allergic to rubber OR has my dh got it as we do start off not using a condom [risky i know].
i do not know the symptoms of thrush in males so can anyone tell me.
please help as i cannot stand this anymore.

tiffini Tue 05-Apr-05 19:17:37

i dont know the symptoms a man would have, but cant he just treat it anyway in case he does?

police Tue 05-Apr-05 19:21:58

yeah i said that but would he just use the cream and rub it in......oh the thought....yuk.

NomDePlume Tue 05-Apr-05 19:24:53

Yes, he'd have to make sure he rubs the cream in under his foreskin too, if he is uncircumscised.

NomDePlume Tue 05-Apr-05 19:25:40

I think those thrush one-dose oral pills work in blokes too. Though they are shockinbgly expensive at £12 or so a pop

police Tue 05-Apr-05 19:25:42

do you reckon it could be the rubber

NomDePlume Tue 05-Apr-05 19:27:19

It could be, but I'd bank more on it being the friction from the rubber causing heat and an ideal place for the candida yeast to grow. Some people are just more susceptible to thrush than others.

Lonelymum Tue 05-Apr-05 19:28:52

Look here for the symptoms of thrush in men.

Lonelymum Tue 05-Apr-05 19:30:36

And this seems quite good on the treatment of thrush in men.

police Tue 05-Apr-05 19:32:37

thankyou all so much for your help.

edodgy Tue 05-Apr-05 19:52:20

Hiya i find eating natural yogurt helps so u could both do this also if you arent pregnant you could put some natural yoghurt on a tampon and insert it for an hour then remove and shower this works a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now