Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

could this be a wee infection?????

(13 Posts)
psychomum5 Mon 26-Jan-09 09:44:17

after advice before I ring docs (if I need to ring docs).

feel crappy..had a bit of burning when weeing yesterday (sorry if TMI) but that has gone today, so I thought maybe t'was a 'one-off' day (IYGWIM).

anyhoooo....

today feeling crappy.
low belly ache (as tho I am about to come on, yet not due yet)
low back ache (in fact, like early labour low back ache)
really sore side/ribs on my right.
feeling as tho I am going to be sick, but not (IYGWIM).

argh

oh, no temp as such, but then I am normally always cold and yet I am not today.

but, the one thing missing todat is the non-burny feeling, so am confused.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Mon 26-Jan-09 09:45:40

I would ring docs, could be a kidney infection, from what I have heard they don't always burn when weeing!

psychomum5 Mon 26-Jan-09 09:48:23

yeah, was thinkin maybe I should. had kidney stones this time last year, so a kidney infection would not be fun!!

tis just.......monday morning trying to get into docs is HELL........all the little eold ladies go for their weekly check-ups with the dashing young docs I reckonwink

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Mon 26-Jan-09 09:48:55

I can imagine..I think they would prioritise you with those symptoms though!!

psychomum5 Mon 26-Jan-09 09:54:56

have rung...................just needed someone else to agree with me that it is worthy of an appointment IYGWIM.

they have a 'walk-in' clinic from 11.15-12noon, so will head up to that.

and then look forward to the joy of bullet-sized tabs they will give me if they agree what it is, and two days of feeling punched in the back!!

argh......I hate january.........am ill every year feels like<<wail>>. only just got over a tummy bug too!

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Mon 26-Jan-09 09:58:03

sounds like you have caught it really early though so hopefully the meds will kick in quickly <<hugs>>

psychomum5 Mon 26-Jan-09 10:16:20

thankyou......am hopin so.

tis the rib/side pain that is worrying me the most tho.............am not wishig for a repeat of last year, THAT was not fun!!

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Mon 26-Jan-09 10:19:30

fingers crossed it isn't that again! smile

psychomum5 Mon 26-Jan-09 12:32:12

<sigh>

tis indeed a kidney infection. doc had me do a lovely sample, and my body kindly added blood and white cells to give him proofwink!

now on lovely anitbiotics, plus he gave me a list of all those I am allergic to with advice to get a necklace or bracelet with allergy warnings seeing as I now have an impressive amount (5 'families' of drugshmm!).

oh, and am armed with canesten as that will be the next joy going on what these meds did to me last time......

ho hum.......look out for a rambling sick psycho......

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Mon 26-Jan-09 12:47:41

a sick psycho sounds a bit scary <quakes>

Hope the meds kick in soon for you!!

(and don't have nasty effects!)

naturopath Mon 26-Jan-09 15:18:52

psychomum - how did yr doc find out it was a kidney infection rather than a UTI?

psychomum5 Mon 26-Jan-09 17:33:44

well, tis more guessing from my past history and symptoms.......in the main, the pain in my side/ribs at kidney height and the fact that last year I had kidney stones which can then leave you prone in the future (according to doc at least).

jenk1 Mon 26-Jan-09 21:34:23

psychomum i am in the exact same situation,i started on trimeproprim a week ago but was still getting pain in my lower stomach and sides so i went back today.

last week they sent my sample off and it came back as 10/5 (whatever that means) it has to be 10/6 for them to culture it and see what exactly the infection is so shes sending another one off today and asking them to culture it,im now on cefalaxin but am suffering from pain still, she also said she thinks it is a kidney infection.

hopefully your ABs will kick in soon and you will feel relief,i hope mine do!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now