Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blotches on face after third set of jabs - panicking a bit - any ideas!

(4 Posts)
georginars Tue 05-Apr-05 14:15:13

My 4 month old had her 3rd set of jabs this morning. Now she is very upset & tired (but won't go to sleep now, although she slept for 90 mins straight after - she had some Calpol too) and has red blotches on her forehead and under her eyes. Doctor's is not open til 3.30. I don't know if the blotches are from her screaming - they're less red since she's calmed down - or some sort of reaction to the jabs. She keeps rubbing at them - or it could be her eyes as she seems sotired. Any ideas or experiences of this to stop me panicking until I can ring the doctor? Thanks!

donnie Tue 05-Apr-05 14:45:56

it doesn't sound like anything to get too worried about - she is still very young and these jabs are a bit of a shock to the system.She will probably be ok after a bit of a rest.Was she ok with the other sets of jabs? maybe a like warm flannell to the eyes will soothe her a bit.

georginars Tue 05-Apr-05 14:57:39

Do you know, they've gone now - think she is just hot and bothered after the jabs. She's had a good feed now and I think is going off to sleep OK in her cot. I feel like a total panicking idiot ! She was fine after the last lot. So I'm just going to leave her now but keep an eye on her. Panic over.

donnie Tue 05-Apr-05 15:00:59

good news!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now