Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tomorrow I stop

(104 Posts)
Beetroot Mon 04-Apr-05 20:26:24

Message withdrawn

collision Mon 04-Apr-05 20:30:39

yeah, yeah, me too!!!!!

Enid Mon 04-Apr-05 20:30:42

drinking beer in the evening
overeating in the evening
mumsnet in the evening

Beetroot Mon 04-Apr-05 20:37:09

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Mon 04-Apr-05 21:08:19

I'm with you.

dot1 Mon 04-Apr-05 21:12:17

OK - me too (but isn't that really easy to say when I'm on my way to bed..?!)

Beetroot Mon 04-Apr-05 21:18:52

Message withdrawn

dot1 Mon 04-Apr-05 21:24:48

OK... (gulp). Got a pedometer today, so am going to see how pitiful my exercise is on a typical working day... . Would appreciate the support though if a few of us are going to try and cut down - I just don't seem to be able to do it at the moment - I blame the pesky children!!

Slink Mon 04-Apr-05 21:30:39

mE TOO I SAID THAT THIS MORNING, FOR 1 MONTH AS IT WILL BE MY 34 TH . Then after dinner i had a cake drenched in cream and left over easter egg... So i will start tomorrow. And do 100 sit ups and jog on the spot for 5 mins

Beetroot Tue 05-Apr-05 09:21:58

Message withdrawn

dot1 Tue 05-Apr-05 13:29:55

Didn't get off to the best start - got up to make the morning drinks and before I knew it had shoved half a rich tea in my mouth (ds gets the other half ). oops. But nothing else naughty so far.

Only problem is, I'm HUNGRY... and getting quite miserable - I'm such a grouch when I start to try to cut down... But keep thinking of my summer clothes - can't fit into any of them at the moment...

Spongebob Tue 05-Apr-05 13:38:55

I wont have biscuits/sweets in the house anymore.. but do you know what are lovely? Farleys rusk bears..yum.

wild Tue 05-Apr-05 13:43:10

Yes, I need this! but it's too late today. I will join you tomorrow. Sweets and chocs are getting the better of me.

Beetroot Tue 05-Apr-05 13:49:45

Message withdrawn

wild Tue 05-Apr-05 13:56:10

Yes, good idea, thanks Beetroot! I will get a stock of fruit in tonight. I have become such a sugar freak I'd probably coma if I cut it right out! I aim to exercise twice a week, realistically, either run/gym/swim. I gave up wine at the beginning of March so I'm really pleased about that but I do need to drink more water instead of coffee/fizz

Beetroot Tue 05-Apr-05 13:59:04

Message withdrawn

Slink Tue 05-Apr-05 15:42:12

Failed and i was doing so well but dd picked up these cookies for friends we were meeting for a picnic, they cancelled and i ate 5 arhh ok tomorrow i will start a month till my bday then.

Beetroot Tue 05-Apr-05 16:22:26

Message withdrawn

wild Tue 05-Apr-05 16:26:14

I can't give up coffee AND sweets
the sweets will be hard enough
How have you done today Beetroot?

thedogmother Tue 05-Apr-05 16:28:30

having choccie biscuits with every cup of tea I have during the day. I solemnly swear.

Because I'm p**ed off that I've put 5 lbs on since Christmas even though I now go swimming once a week and have even started jogging a bit, which I truly truly do not like.

wild Tue 05-Apr-05 16:30:36

you need to define your 'tomorrow' dogmother
Wednesday 6th, with me?
most of them on here have a day's head start already!

thedogmother Tue 05-Apr-05 16:37:06

Yeh, OK then Wild. Weds 6th. I really was fed up when I put my work trousers on yesterday and they felt tight.

Today after school (I work as a teaching assistant), I ate two mini milky ways that a boy was giving out because it was his birthday, but I didn't have any biccies in the staffroom this morning or at lunchtime either. But I'm starving now and desparate for a biccie.

tigi Tue 05-Apr-05 16:39:36

i have been biscuitless and chocolate free for 3 days now. its awful. The problem is I get carried away. I was a bit naughty today and opened malt loaf for the children, which they did not like, so I ate it all instead........
however i did do a yoga excercize video last night.

wild Tue 05-Apr-05 16:42:38

I work in an office it is very quiet and we have mini heroes in the fridge and a bowl of toffees on the front desk, say no more
Two milky ways is kind of what I'm aiming for!
since you've done so well today you may as well carry on, you are entitled to a TUesday start date
I jsut feel it has been so bad I might as well pig and have a Damascus moment tomorrow

wild Tue 05-Apr-05 16:43:09

malt loaf counts as healthy, no, tigi?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now