Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period due while on holiday .... grrrr

(4 Posts)
Shazzler Mon 04-Apr-05 15:29:13

Advice please.

I am going on holiday soon and my period is due when I am away. I'm on the combined pill (micrgynon) and know that you can run two packs together but when I was on another pill (also combined) I still had a period and in fact bled for 3 weeks.

I asked the Dr why this happened and he said the pill was obviously the perfect balance of hormones for me. Not sure what he meant.

Am now wondering whether to risk it with this pill. What do you think?

beansprout Mon 04-Apr-05 15:30:42

I did the 2 packets together thing a number of times and it simply delayed the period. That is what it is meant to do, as when you are on a combined pill, you don't have a period but a "withdrawal bleed". If you are on the right pill, it should be fine.

Where are you going btw?!

sweetmonkey Mon 04-Apr-05 15:33:23

id give it go . nothing to lose and everything to gain really. i usually go for a couple of months then have a period. HTH

Shazzler Mon 04-Apr-05 15:53:45

Thanks. I think I will give it a go. Have a Drs appt before I go so might as well ask when I go anyway.

We are off to Italy - Bay of Naples. The in-laws are coming too so am looking forward to having babysitters with us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now