Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Imodium

(7 Posts)
SophieSkaterina Mon 04-Apr-05 10:13:59

Does anyone know if this is safe to take whilst breast feeding? I have woken up with the wobbly trembles (after eating my own food at a lunch I gave for 16 people yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and have thrown the box away so I can't check.

Would be very grateful if anyone could tell me.

XXX Sophie

hunkermunker Mon 04-Apr-05 10:16:09

Hi SS, hope you're feeling better soon (and that the other 16 people aren't wobbly this morning!).

You could try ringing the Breastfeeding Network's Drugline

Bethron Mon 04-Apr-05 10:20:28

Message withdrawn

irishbird Mon 04-Apr-05 10:21:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hunkermunker Mon 04-Apr-05 10:26:15

Thing is though, a lot of patient information leaflets will say that drugs are contraindicated in breastfeeding when actually they'd be fine. And doctors aren't necessarily the best-informed people about breastfeeding...

I'd give the drugline a call - they have the best up to date info. It may still be you can't take it, but you'll know for sure then.

Flossam Mon 04-Apr-05 10:32:27

Wouldn't take it without talking to the helpline or your GP. I've looked it up in my formulary which is now 5 years old so research may have moved on - it says that 'amount probably too small to be harmful'.

SophieSkaterina Mon 04-Apr-05 10:57:45

Thank you wonder women. I will I think just ride the storm and keep taking the fluids! XX Sophie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now