Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Urgent (but not life threatening) query

(6 Posts)
TheArmadillo Tue 20-Jan-09 18:43:20

I need to do quite a bit of driving tomorrow. Dp can't drive so can't do it instead, but I have virus and latest symptom is that my eyes are constantly gunking over making my vision blurry (obviously meaning I can't drive).

Is there anything that will clear them up quickly or that can help?

Hassled Tue 20-Jan-09 18:45:30

Hot-foot it to an open pharmacy (probably at this time of day a supermarket) and see what they say. If they say no, don't drive. But you can buy over the counter eye antibiotics now, which do kick in quickly.

PavlovtheCat Tue 20-Jan-09 18:47:21

sounds like conjuntivitis - you can get solutions form the pharmacy/gp, but they might not work immediately to stop the gunking, although they will clear whatever is there for a short period (but unlikely very long). Dh had it earlier this year and it took a good couple of days for it to improve. I cant remember what he took, sorry, but it was from the pharmacy, recommended by the pharmacist.

PavlovtheCat Tue 20-Jan-09 18:48:13

hassled - that was was DH had, thank you, antibiotics for the eye, over the counter. It worked quickly, but not instantly, still a good couple of days.

TheArmadillo Tue 20-Jan-09 18:51:26

will get down there in morning (can't go tonight unfortunately).

Thanks - hopefully if they don't work tomorrow they will at least be ready for friday (I am moving on friday eek).

PavlovtheCat Tue 20-Jan-09 21:21:46

Hope you get it sorted and start feeling better soon, and be able to see again! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now