Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

still bleeding- 2 weeks after hysteroscopy and biopsy

(9 Posts)
belcantwait Tue 20-Jan-09 12:18:31

is this right? i mean its not much and its more browny pink rather than red but its def not decreasing. when i was discharged from hospital they said i would bleed for 4 or 5 days. its also a bit (sorry tmi coming up) fibrous iykwim, no clots but some stringy bits. bleugh. sorry. no revolting smell or pain or fever or anything so assuming no infection.

PuzzleRocks Tue 20-Jan-09 21:15:07

Bumping for you.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 20-Jan-09 21:17:36

You can bleed for up to four weeks. As long as it's not smelly and you feel okay, it's probably fine. Don't forget your period will kick in to the equation as well.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 20-Jan-09 21:18:12

Thing to look out for is if it suddenly gets much heavier and isn't at your normal period time, as well as pain/fever/smell.

saralou Tue 20-Jan-09 21:21:02

2nd the advice, it's normal.

belcantwait Wed 21-Jan-09 12:59:53

ah, thank you. it annoying really more than anything smile

MumDes Thu 17-Nov-16 20:33:02

Hi! I also have the same situation. I am still spotting and everyday it's decreasing. I'm a bit concern coz I just lost my first child last Sept and would want to know when can we try again.

It's been 2 weeks since my operation and I am still spotting. I am not sure if it's normal though. Havent got an doc appointment since my Doc jst went out of town. sad

rosie59 Sun 26-Feb-17 02:46:37

hi had hysterectoscopy 9feb still gt blood coming away by all t but is this normal I'59

digerd Sun 26-Feb-17 21:35:51

I had a Hysteroscopy and a scrape and although I was post menopausal as I had a period and I bled with period pains for 6 weeks.

DD had one for a suspected fibroid and bled only very slightly for a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now