Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Acute yeast infection in colon - anyone ever had this, what was the treatment, and what was the result of the cure?

(3 Posts)
RoRoMommy Fri 16-Jan-09 21:15:45

I was told by my GP today that the ethanol level in my blood after a test was extremely elevated (134, normal is less than 22). This, apparently, means that I have a severe yeast infection in my colon. She said this could be the reason for my persistent sluggish gut. She's given me an anti-fungal tablet prescription, one pill a day for thirty days, and no sugar or alcohol for the duration.

My question is, has anyone ever had this test (no alcohol for 24 hours, fasting for three hours, take glucose tablet and powder in water an hour before a blood test), and been explained similar results and treatment?

And, as a follow-up, after you completed the treatment (or any alternate treatment), what was the result?

TIA!

northwest1 Fri 16-Jan-09 22:16:34

I don't know what units your doctor was using but I've checked the web and apparently 80mg alcohol per 100ml blood is the legal limit for driving. http://www.alcohol-aware.org.uk

RoRoMommy Fri 16-Jan-09 22:18:35

She mentioned that as well. I was like, holy crap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now