Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Would you give a 2 3/4 yr old vitamins for ages 3 and up?

(4 Posts)
tweetyfish Fri 01-Apr-05 21:44:42

He's very big for his age (about the size of a 4 year old) and will not eat the syrup stuff for under 3's...
He's refusing to eat at the moment and am trying desperatly hard to make sure he at least gets vitamins, as he's got a dreadful cold at the moment.

singersgirl Fri 01-Apr-05 21:52:27

Hi, if he's the weight of a four year old, I would. My now 3 yr old has been prescribed various things not recommended for children under 4 and the doctor has said that it is mainly a size thing (with some drugs of course, not with all!), so I'd guess you're fairly safe with vitamins, as the dose will be designed for average weight children.

Wallace Fri 01-Apr-05 21:57:14

I did, but as dd is small for her age, I only gave her half. I think you would be fine, is it the chewable ones?

tweetyfish Fri 01-Apr-05 22:10:45

They are chewable ones Wallace, I just figure they might not get spat out!!! I figured it was more a weight thing as well, just wanted to make sure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now