Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Calling acne sufferers-do you use moisturiser?

(11 Posts)
Pawslikepaddington Thu 15-Jan-09 21:06:22

I have really dry skin, but have acne in my t-zone, chin and middle of my forehead. Have started using Dermalogia acne treatment but they don't recommend a moisturiser-what should I use? Have tried Liz Earle and L'Occitane, and loved L'Occitane, but apparently moisturisers could be the cause of my acne. I want to stick to Dermalogia if I can-any advice? Thank you ladies!

watsthestory Thu 15-Jan-09 21:10:44

Message withdrawn

watsthestory Thu 15-Jan-09 21:11:54

Message withdrawn

Pawslikepaddington Thu 15-Jan-09 21:12:17

Oooh, thank you-all the derma stuff is medium weight, which makes the problem SO much worse! grin. Will have a look on boots.com now (you lovely-didn't think anyone would reply!)

Pawslikepaddington Thu 15-Jan-09 21:13:52

I haven't been using face masks, don't worry-I cleanse, tone and moisturise x2 each day, and exfoliate 2-3 times a week, but nothing has ever shifted it (bar my ex-boyfriend's man acne cream, which sadly left my life when he did!) grin

fryalot Thu 15-Jan-09 21:14:33

I was told by a dermatologist that moisturiser can help keep acne at bay when used regularly.

Something to do with it acting as a barrier or something (which makes no sense to me at all) and my skin has got so much better since I started using it often.

Still have the odd break out, but don't need to put a couple of inches of foundation on before I can leave the house any more.

christiana Thu 15-Jan-09 21:16:22

Message withdrawn

watsthestory Thu 15-Jan-09 21:17:11

Message withdrawn

Pawslikepaddington Thu 15-Jan-09 21:17:45

Oooh this is so exciting! I may be held to be pretty again one day (as long as I am not forever scarred!) My skin does feel deep cleaned today, which it has never done, so the cleanser etc seems to be perfect, but I do need to find my perfect moisturiser!

watsthestory Thu 15-Jan-09 21:20:54

Message withdrawn

christiana Fri 16-Jan-09 08:33:48

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: