Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Calling acne sufferers-do you use moisturiser?

(11 Posts)
Pawslikepaddington Thu 15-Jan-09 21:06:22

I have really dry skin, but have acne in my t-zone, chin and middle of my forehead. Have started using Dermalogia acne treatment but they don't recommend a moisturiser-what should I use? Have tried Liz Earle and L'Occitane, and loved L'Occitane, but apparently moisturisers could be the cause of my acne. I want to stick to Dermalogia if I can-any advice? Thank you ladies!

watsthestory Thu 15-Jan-09 21:10:44

Message withdrawn

watsthestory Thu 15-Jan-09 21:11:54

Message withdrawn

Pawslikepaddington Thu 15-Jan-09 21:12:17

Oooh, thank you-all the derma stuff is medium weight, which makes the problem SO much worse! grin. Will have a look on boots.com now (you lovely-didn't think anyone would reply!)

Pawslikepaddington Thu 15-Jan-09 21:13:52

I haven't been using face masks, don't worry-I cleanse, tone and moisturise x2 each day, and exfoliate 2-3 times a week, but nothing has ever shifted it (bar my ex-boyfriend's man acne cream, which sadly left my life when he did!) grin

fryalot Thu 15-Jan-09 21:14:33

I was told by a dermatologist that moisturiser can help keep acne at bay when used regularly.

Something to do with it acting as a barrier or something (which makes no sense to me at all) and my skin has got so much better since I started using it often.

Still have the odd break out, but don't need to put a couple of inches of foundation on before I can leave the house any more.

christiana Thu 15-Jan-09 21:16:22

Message withdrawn

watsthestory Thu 15-Jan-09 21:17:11

Message withdrawn

Pawslikepaddington Thu 15-Jan-09 21:17:45

Oooh this is so exciting! I may be held to be pretty again one day (as long as I am not forever scarred!) My skin does feel deep cleaned today, which it has never done, so the cleanser etc seems to be perfect, but I do need to find my perfect moisturiser!

watsthestory Thu 15-Jan-09 21:20:54

Message withdrawn

christiana Fri 16-Jan-09 08:33:48

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now