Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Terrible nappy rash

(8 Posts)
tillykins Fri 01-Apr-05 16:42:28

Can anyone advise please? DS is 16m and has awful nappy rash - its large red splodges, some are weeping and some are actually bleeding. We have been leaving his nappy off, and we've tried metanium through the day and great big slatherings of sudocreme at night but its not healing
Any suggestions please???

tarantula Fri 01-Apr-05 16:45:34

I wash dds bum with a cloth dipped in chamomile tea which is soothing rather than using baby wipes which can cause irritation. Also use chamilosan. Keeping the nappy off as much as poss is the best thing tho IME

pinkdiamond Fri 01-Apr-05 16:46:33

Message withdrawn

Waswondering Fri 01-Apr-05 16:47:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rogan2001 Fri 01-Apr-05 17:30:06

my ds had a nappy rash like this and it bled, i used canestan and metanuim and it cleared up within a couple of days.

rogan2001 Fri 01-Apr-05 17:34:04

also after my son had been in pain with this severe nappy rash it hurt so much he associated it with going for a pooh and this started a ongoing problem with him witholding it, not saying it could happen with your ds, but they do remember the pain for so long, good luck

tillykins Fri 15-Apr-05 21:16:00

Kept meaning to come back and post about this, but its been a bit hectic
I can't believe it but the camomile tea actually worked, within 24 hours the sore weeping patches were down to pink blotches that the metanium then saw off
So now I have half a box of camomile tea - filthy stuff to drink!

sievehead Fri 15-Apr-05 21:25:31

As much air as possible - if practical, and olive oil is supposed to be good....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: