Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bacterial Menengitis at DS' nursery

(8 Posts)
desperatehousewife Fri 01-Apr-05 14:52:03

A 7 month old has been rushed to hospital with it this week and I just can't imagine how the mother must be feeling. Apparently he is stable but prognosis isn't good. Not sure what this means - but the whole thing is just terrifying. I feel so sad imagining how she must be feeling right now.

jessicasmummy Fri 01-Apr-05 14:53:18

my friends little boy had a scare with this earlier in the week too - it isnt contagious, but thankfully he was ok. he is still in hospital at the moment being monitored but my heart goes out to the parents xxx

HappyMumof2 Fri 01-Apr-05 15:02:44

Message withdrawn

HappyMumof2 Fri 01-Apr-05 15:03:38

Message withdrawn

mears Fri 01-Apr-05 15:09:57

This happened to me except DS was 6 months old. The GPs were inundated with calls from worried mothers that their children were at risk. The type of meningitis he had was pneumococcal which was not contagious but life threatening. Was told that if he survived the next 48 hours he would hopefully recover with a possiblilty of being deaf. He is now a healthy 15 year old

desperatehousewife Fri 01-Apr-05 15:11:36

oh mears that is such good news. How utterly terrifying for you - I guess you never really get over something like that do you?

HappyMumof2 Fri 01-Apr-05 15:13:53

Message withdrawn

mears Fri 01-Apr-05 15:16:16

I actually ofetn find myself thinking about it as it was January 8th which is my MILs birthday (and Elvis)!
Was a nightmare at the time which I can remember as clear as day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now