Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what to do???????????????????? ill 3 year old

(17 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Fri 01-Apr-05 11:55:35

Since she woke up she has been very very quiet and clingy.

I took her temperature about half hour ago and it wa 37.8. it has now risen to 38.7 and complaining that she has a headache and her eye hurts (it looks weepy so she may have a cold in it). She is also complaining that she is cold.

She isn't really drinking much and refuses point blank to take any medicine.

BubblesDeVere Fri 01-Apr-05 12:03:43

bump, she is very very quiet and won't even drink her juice.

elliedragon Fri 01-Apr-05 12:04:55

I would try and get her to take some calpol to try and get her temperature down. Is there any way you can get he to take it. Blackmail?

Biggs Fri 01-Apr-05 12:10:04

Could you take her to the doctors? Surgeries are usually very flexible about seeing young children under 5 at short notice. It would help put your mind at rest. I agree about trying again with the calpol - it's a nightmare isn't it when they refuse it. Good luck ...

Earlybird Fri 01-Apr-05 12:12:58

I'd take her to the doctor - especially as it's Friday. Will be much harder to get her seen by someone (if she needs it) over the weekend. Good luck, it is such a worry when your little one is not themselves.

BubblesDeVere Fri 01-Apr-05 12:34:12

She is fast asleep, temp gone up to 38.9 and managed to get a kool n soothe on her forehead

Nickinha Fri 01-Apr-05 12:50:51

Can you not give her a supository (spelling?) it brings down the fever and stops any aching.

darlingbud Fri 01-Apr-05 13:18:41

dd was like this last week. Lasted about 2/3 days. Gave her calpol and that brought temp down.

coppertop Fri 01-Apr-05 13:21:49

Do you have one of those syringes to give her medicine with. Ds1 usually refuses medicine on a spoon but will take it this way. As it's Friday I would ring the GPs surgery to see what they think.

saadia Fri 01-Apr-05 14:26:29

ds is always like this when he has a temperature. Usually perks up when the Calpol/Baby Nurofen takes effect. If he refuses I'm afraid I'm quite stern and put him in the highchair, hold his head and force it down him. He's one yr old, so this may not work with an older child.

BubblesDeVere Fri 01-Apr-05 15:48:04

hi all,

Her temperature went higher and her breathing got a bit laboured so I phoned the doctors and they said that they couldn't get her in and if I went and waited from 5 till the end of surgery 6.30,I MIGHT get an appointment, so i took her to a & e, she has tonsilitus which is virul and they said she will probably get worse over the next few days

saadia Fri 01-Apr-05 16:25:47

Very sorry to hear that. Hope she gets better soon poor thing.

coppertop Fri 01-Apr-05 18:14:34

Poor mini-Bubbles.

I hope the little mite starts feeling better soon. xx

BubblesDeVere Fri 01-Apr-05 18:55:36

coppertop, i like the mini-bubbles name

Earlybird Sat 02-Apr-05 20:44:11

Bubbles - how is your dd today? Hope it hasn't been too rough around bubbleville.

BubblesDeVere Sun 03-Apr-05 10:22:06

Hiya, didn't see this thread, she is still ill and her temperature seems to rocket so quickly.

Had a terrible night last night, was trying to calm her down between 1 and 2am and then she was waking up every half hour or so. Hopefully she will be shattered tonight and sleep a little better.

Socci Sun 03-Apr-05 10:47:24

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now