Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Why can doctors/nurses never seem to find my cervix these days?!

(4 Posts)
littleconcerned Mon 12-Jan-09 20:54:20

When I had my last smear, the nurse had trouble finding it, and today I had an internal and the doctor was having real trouble finding it. She kept asking me to cough, and said it was very hard to find my cervix.
I have one - I have had two children! Don't remember nurses having this problem until fairly recently. What's happened to it?!!

Lulumama Mon 12-Jan-09 20:55:55

it might be more posterior than before. mine is harder to reach than pre children, a cushion under your bum can help, or lying on your left side, and the nurse usging a longer speculum can all be helpful.

missingtheaction Mon 12-Jan-09 20:58:31

mine seems to be hard to find too. although (WARNING:TMI) i find it easy enough to find myself and it's not as if there isn't plenty of up there for getting in and having a good rummage.

littleconcerned Mon 12-Jan-09 21:05:37

My DP said he could have told them where to find it!blush Can childbirth kind of push it back a bit?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: