Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why can doctors/nurses never seem to find my cervix these days?!

(4 Posts)
littleconcerned Mon 12-Jan-09 20:54:20

When I had my last smear, the nurse had trouble finding it, and today I had an internal and the doctor was having real trouble finding it. She kept asking me to cough, and said it was very hard to find my cervix.
I have one - I have had two children! Don't remember nurses having this problem until fairly recently. What's happened to it?!!

Lulumama Mon 12-Jan-09 20:55:55

it might be more posterior than before. mine is harder to reach than pre children, a cushion under your bum can help, or lying on your left side, and the nurse usging a longer speculum can all be helpful.

missingtheaction Mon 12-Jan-09 20:58:31

mine seems to be hard to find too. although (WARNING:TMI) i find it easy enough to find myself and it's not as if there isn't plenty of up there for getting in and having a good rummage.

littleconcerned Mon 12-Jan-09 21:05:37

My DP said he could have told them where to find it!blush Can childbirth kind of push it back a bit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now