Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Fatigue/Irritable - Could my 6 year old be Hypoglycaemic ?

(5 Posts)
Kayleigh Thu 31-Mar-05 14:10:34

I have become concerend about my ds1 and I tend to start diagnosing and end up with a worst case scenario, worrying myself to death

He is having increased periods of fatigue/ irritability during the day which seems to improve radically when he eats/drinks.

Is this a normal thing in a growing boy and he just needs to eat more often, or could he have a blood sugar problem ?

colditzmum Thu 31-Mar-05 14:11:51

Sounds quite normal to me, how often does he eat? Could he be getting a bit dehydrated?

Kayleigh Thu 31-Mar-05 14:28:04

He eats 4 times a day, with an occasional snack in-between (but more likely on weekend). Breakfast, lunch, tea (snack) and evening meal around 5:30.
Not sure about the dehydration, as he drinks loads especially when doing any physical activity as he sweats a lot. But one of the symptoms of diabetes (i have been googling ) is excessive thirst, which was another reason I was concerened,

Kayleigh Fri 01-Apr-05 12:23:36

bump...

elliedragon Fri 01-Apr-05 12:27:29

I think from what I have heard, they drink alot not just after exercise, almost constantly and also may lose weight. Sometimes there is a problem with their sight, does he have any other sypmtoms?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: